We help founders, corporate executives, and others who receive stock-based compensation derive the greatest possible value from their options, boost their net worth and dramatically improve their financial future.
Our firm’s founder, Brian Isaacson, is a certified Attorney-CPA. He is highly respected nationwide in the legal and tax community for his extensive and sophisticated work in tax litigation. Brian’s high-profile cases have impacted stock-options tax laws, helping countless plaintiffs across the U.S. recover millions of dollars. He is uniquely qualified to handle all matters regarding your stock-based compensation.
Brian will begin by gaining a thorough understanding of your company’s program and the opportunities it affords you. He will determine and track the cost basis of your stock, evaluate if and when you should exercise stock options, and calculate the tax impact of awards and how to minimize them.
Brian can help you in all of the following areas:
- Planning strategies for stock options (nonqualified and incentive stock options), restricted stock grants, employee stock purchase plans, and internal tender offers
- Early exercise and 83(b) elections
- State and Federal estimated tax payment rules
- Capital gains versus ordinary income
- Alternative minimum tax (AMT) issues such as AMT crossover, timing of state tax payments, bad AMT versus good AMT, making proper use of AMT credits, and ordinary income taxed at the 28 percent AMT rate
- And more…
Even if you already have some knowledge of stock-based compensation and its tax implications, we can help you identify new opportunities. Contact us today to discuss how we can incorporate your stock-based compensation into an effective overall plan for your financial future.